Friday, October 28

Hi folks,
I'm sure you're all happy for the end of the week, as I am. Thanks for all you do for our kids. 


Master file change:
You can now bask in the glory of a rearranged master file. I moved the "links-files" tab to the left, which makes it the first thing you see.  There are directions on how to navigate this large file.  I did this because I've heard that some people weren't sure how to find other things than the schedule.  It's really easy to navigate.  Any problems, let me know.

Adviser training now on video
Go to the Adviser info folder linked above.  Please have any students who are charged with handling money in a class or club watch this video.

Observation notes
We will be meeting soon to divvy up observations.  we hope to get started very soon, so we'll be in touch.


Lolli Pop moments 
A video on leadership that's worth watching.  Thanks Heather.


Tony Collins had it right
Please remind kids that we are the sum of our choices.  Let's drive that message home.


Post Card Pick Me Ups - Sounds like a great idea
This might be a great project for some of our classes.

Dear School Administrator,

My name is Jason Garbarino. I am a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Vermont in the Department of Nursing. Recently, I started a program called Postcard Pick-me-up in an effort to promote small, simple acts of kindness for individuals hospitalized or in a nursing home.

When you have a moment, please visit my website postcardpickmeup.org for all of the details. I am reaching out to every possible School Administrator in the State of New York in hopes that they can encourage students to participate. I believe this project will help educate students into the importance of helping those in need.

Please share my cause with your faculty and via the share links provided on the website.I have also let teachers know that instead of having to pay for postage for every postcard, they can send them in one package. They do not need to all be individually stamped.

Thanks for your consideration! Please contact me with any further questions.

Sincerely,

Jason Garbarino, DNP, RN-BC, CNL
Clinical Assistant Professor, University of Vermont
Department of Nursing
College of Nursing and Health Sciences
106 Carrigan Drive
Burlington, VT. 05405
(802) 656-3053
Jason.Garbarino@uvm.edu


United Way, from John Robertson:
This is the email that John sent the other day. Thanks to John for working with this:
Just a reminder that donation forms can be placed in my mailbox.  If you are receiving this message, did not get a donation form and would like one, please let me know.  If you did get a form in your mailbox and do not need it please return it to my mailbox so somebody else can use it.  Thank you to those of you who have already done this.
  FYI:  First-time donors who make a gift of $25 or more and donors who increase their payroll deduction by $1/pay period or more will be entered into a drawing to receive a gift card (ranging from $20-$50) from the following businesses:

Cafe XIX
Ciccino's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Dunkin' Donuts
Parker's Grille
Tops Markets

Gift card or not, your donations stay local.  Thanks again for your time.  Please let me know if you have questions, need a donation form, etc.